Hardwood Floor MAINTENANCE
Superior Quality of Materials
Your Satisfaction is Guaranteed
Expertise and Knowledge Since 1927
HARDWOOD FLOOR MAINTENANCE:
The key to enjoying beautiful hardwood flooring is proper maintenance. Proper maintenance is necessary for all hardwood flooring regardless if the product was prefinished at the factory or finished at the installation site. The no-maintenance hardwood floor does not exist. The maintenance procedures may vary with the type of finish or wax used on the hardwood floors.
Preventive maintenance is the most important requirement for the long-term performance and natural beauty of your hardwood floors. The following outlines the key preventative maintenance points:
1. Use protective walk off mats at the exterior doors to help prevent sand and grit from walking onto the floor. Gritty sand is flooring’s worst enemy.
2. Install proper floor protectors on furniture (felt pads) used on hardwood floors. Protectors will allow chairs to move easily over the floor without scuffing. Clean the protectors on a regular basis to remove any grit that may have become imbedded in the protector.
3. Vacuum regularly. When the household carpets are vacuumed, vacuum the hardwood floor with a brush attachment. Sweep on a daily basis or as necessary.
4. Never wet mop a hardwood floor. Excessive water causes wood to expand possibly damaging the flooring. The proper procedure is to use a well wrung out cloth or a Wood Floor Cleaning Kit. Food and liquid spills should be cleaned up in a timely manner.
5. We recommend a recommend using the Bona Wood Floor Cleaner (Not Polish) for the maintenance of your wood floors.
6. Never use any cleaning products containing wax or silicone, i.e. Murphy’s oil soap, Endust, Mop and Glow, etc., These products can dull the finish and prevent the polyurethane from adhering with future coatings. When dusting avoid overspray when polishing your furniture. Always apply the furniture polish to the dusting cloth and avoid contact with flooring. Remember the furniture polishes contain wax.
7. Keep high heel shoes in good repair. Heels that have lost their protective cap thus exposing the fastening nail will exert over 8,000 pounds per square inch of pressure in a floor! That’s high enough to damage hardened concrete.
8. Consider a buffing and re-coating every 3-5 years as a maintenance in heavily used rooms such as your kitchen. This process is a surface treatment and is best to use on your floors when there are fine scratches and light dirt on your floors. This process will give renewed beauty to your floors and will extend the life of your floors before a full sanding is needed.
Hardwood Floor Maintenance Products We Recommend
Due to the several requests from customers regarding hardwood floor maintenance products, we have decided to participate in the Amazon Affiliate Program in order to make available through our website the care items we recommend. As an amazon affiliate, we receive a small commission from Amazon in exchange for this service.
From our Hardwood Flooring Youtube Channel
Hardwood Floor Maintenance Playlist
How to Keep Your Hardwood Floors Shining Like New! | Duffy Floors Hardwood Flooring SpecialistChris, president of Duffy Floors Hardwood Flooring Specialist, shows and discusses how to maintain your hardwood floors. Never wet mop your hardwood floors and avoid any products containing wax. Duffy Floors recommends the Bona wood floor cleaning product.
Contact us for any hardwood flooring needs: refinishing floor, hardwood floor installation, hardwood floor patching, hardwood floor staining or repair/restoration.
Duffy Floors hardwood flooring specialists has been serving the Greater Boston Massachusetts area since 1927. The company prides itself quality craftsmanship. Duffy floors is a family owned business with a reputation of quality, craftsmanship and timely service.
// FREE IN HOME ESTIMATE FOR HARDWOOD FLOORING PROJECTS //
Contact us today for a free hardwood flooring project estimate at 781-395-3418 or fill in the form on our website https://www.duffyfloors.com
// ASK THE EXPERT //
Not located around us? We can still help!
Visit "Ask the expert": http://bit.ly/hardwood-floor-ask-the-expert
Chris helps long distance customers over the phone for a small fee.
Save time and book a call with him today!
Most Popular Hardwood Flooring Phone Call Topics:
How to get the red out of the Brazilian cherry hardwood floor
Repair / recreate an antique floor
// MAINTENANCE TIPS FOR HARDWOOD FLOORS //
Visit our website for maintenance recommendations:
Visit our blog
📹 SUBSCRIBE to our youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/DuffyFloors?sub_confirmation=1
📲 FOLLOW Duffy Floors!
Follow us on
Duffy Floors is based in Medford MA and has customers all over Massachusetts including in Essex MA, Reading MA, Boxford MA, Andover, MA, Weston MA, Arlington MA, Westwood MA, Wayland MA, Burlington MA, Stoneham MA, Winchester, MA 01890, Beverly MA, Needham MA, Gloucester MA, Woburn MA, Belmont MA, Brookline MA, Medford MA, Rockport MA, Wellesley MA, Concord MA, North Reading MA.
These Prefinished Hardwood Floors Look Beautiful after Staining and Sanding Prefinished FloorsCall 781-395-3418 for a FREE wood floor estimate. Duffy Floors proudly
serving the Boston area since 1927.
Chris, President of Frank H. Duffy Inc. shows the completed job in Somerville. Floors were sanded and stained.
Chris discusses how to protect your wood floors.
Call Duffy Floors for any wood flooring needs at 781-395-3418
Easy Steps to Prevent Scratches on Your Refinished Hardwood FloorsCall 781-395-3418 for a FREE wood floor estimate. Duffy Floors proudly
serving the Boston area since 1927.
Chris, President of Frank H. Duffy Inc., answers questions commonly asked by customers. When can I walk on my refinished wood floors? When can I put my rug on the floors? When can I put my furniture back into my newly refinished rooms? What is the cure time for the finishes? And more! He goes over key pointers to prevent scratches on your newly refinished hardwood floors.
Call Chris at Duffy Floors for any wood flooring questions at 781-395-3418. Duffyfloors.com; email@example.com
Latest From Our Blog
A lot of our clients have been asking about custom colors on their hardwood flooring these days. In our video below, Chris demonstrates the process and the results of a custom staining project we...
Wood flooring design options have become increasingly beautiful, and sometimes increasingly intricate in 2016. As Duffy Floors prepares to start the last decade in it’s 1st 100 years in business,...
You have taken the plunge and now you are a homeowner. The contractors have left and your home is gleaming with shiny hardwood floors, new appliances and fresh landscape. Are you overwhelmed? Well...